Monday to Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Monday to Thursday: $34 per person*
Friday and Sunday: $44 per person
Robe rented for $5
The Thermal Circuit is offered, free of charge, with all treatments of $65 or more before taxes
From Monday to Thursday: 30$* / From Friday to Sunday: 40$
Rate of Beautyful age
From Monday to Thursday: 30$ / From Friday to Sunday: 40$
* Except PUBLIC HOLIDAY and BUSY PERIODS
Download the 2019 STATUTORY HOLIDAYS or BUSY PERIODS PDF
The Thermal Circuit is based on a relaxation ritual involving alternating hot and cold cycles, followed by a deep period of rest. At Spa Mathers, a special surprise and unique concept awaits guests: the snow cabin where genuine winter conditions are recreated, includng snowflakes and biting cold temperatures.
Alternating hot and cold cycles stimulate the blood, release adrenaline and lead to the secretion of serotonin, the “happy hormone,” while you rest. Combine the Thermal Circuit with a massage and you will feel like you are walking on air…
TO TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THE BENEFITS OF THE THERMAL CIRCUIT, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Spend 10 to 15 minutes relaxing in one of our hot baths (dry saunas, steam baths, whirlpool) to store body heat, open up your pores and eliminate toxins.
- Spend a few minutes (5 maximum) in our snow cabin (a unique concept in Canada !) or take a quick dip in one of our cold water sources (cold basin, waterfall or shower). This will quicken your heartbeat and close the pores of your skin.
- Continue the Thermal Circuit relaxing in one of our many rest areas for at least 20 minutes to bring your heartbeat, blood flow and breathing back to normal.
- Spend about 15 minutes in the whirlpool to awakenafter relaxing rest period that often leaves people feeling groggy.
- Return for more heat, but this time in the steam bath, also known as the hammam. It produces moist, penetrating heat that clears the airways.
- Allow two to three hours to complete the cycle. For a complete thermal experience, repeat the hot-cold-rest sequence three to four times.
- Then, go to the 4th floor and take advantage of our magnificent restaurant and the whirlpool baths on the terrace.
- If you have exercised beforehand, make sure that your body has cooled down before you expose it to heat.
- Avoid alcohol and heavy meals before starting the Thermal Circuit.
- Take a quick shower before you begin your relaxation experience.
- Use a towel to sit on the benches in the sauna and hammam. The highest bench will be hotter than the lowest. Begin with the lowest and move up progressively towards the hottest.
- During your first session, be aware of your personal heat tolerance limits.
- Drink a lot of water to replace lost fluids. Sweat glands can secrete up to 30 grams of sweat per minute or nearly one litre per 15 minutes. It is easy to become dehydrated if you are not careful. Fatigue and other signs of dehydration can appear with as little as 1% to 2% body fluid loss.